Frequently Asked Questions > Taxation > Does my UK company have to pay tax in my home country? How can I avoid that?

In this section we deal with the most common questions that prospective clients have. Should you find that your questions are not answered here we encourage you to get in touch with us to discuss your requirements.

Search the FAQ for entries containing:

If you manage a UK company from your home country and run the business from there it is likely that your local tax authorities will deem it as a local business and you need to pay tax where you live (even though the company is registered in the UK and pays tax in the UK!).

To avoid being considered as a local business you need to

  • have your majority of clients outside your home country
  • have your marketing focus on international customers
  • establish a tradde in the UK with a local director and other measures.

Last updated on May 7, 2011 by Robert Harris