« National Insurance Contribution Increase Set To Adversely Affect Small Business Tax Affairs | Main | HMRC To Standardise Tax Penalties From April »

Can Someone Else File My Company Tax Return?

A friend recently asked me if there was a simpler way for him to file his corporation tax return. He’s been struggling a bit with the day-to-day running of his business and the administrative side including tax returns. We spoke at length about appointing an agent to look after his tax affairs.

With the responsibility of complex fines for late submission and inaccurate returns, getting someone else to look after your tax affairs can seem like handing the keys to a brand new car over to a complete stranger and asking them to drive your children to school. You don’t want to risk their safety nor do you want them to be late for school, which is why you handed the keys over in the first place.

Relinquishing control of your tax affairs is actually a much safer and simpler option than handing over your car keys. Setting up the process is as simple as completing a form and submitting it to HMRC. You do need to bear in mind that even though you have handed authority to handle your tax affairs over to an agent, it is still you who is legally responsible for the submission and payment of your tax returns.

Once setup, your tax agent is able to complete and file your company tax return, inform HMRC of your company’s liability for corporation tax and generally deal with HMRC on other corporation tax matters. You can of course extend this agent authorisation to include the filing of VAT and personal tax returns.

StMatthew offer services to act as an agent to handle the tax affairs of individuals and limited companies.  We have hundreds of clients for whom we offer this service. If you would like to know more about this service, simply click on the Contact tab at the top of this screen and one of our advisors will be in touch shortly.


PrintView Printer Friendly Version

EmailEmail Article to Friend

References (1)

References allow you to track sources for this article, as well as articles that were written in response to this article.
  • Response
    Response: eeoc 573 form pdf
    There is a directly to appeal an agency's final order (including a final order dismissing your problem) to EEOC's Office of Federal Operations. You have to file your appeal no after 30 days o...eeoc 573 form

Reader Comments

There are no comments for this journal entry. To create a new comment, use the form below.

PostPost a New Comment

Enter your information below to add a new comment.

My response is on my own website »
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>